Not much news about this maintenance release. There was a little issue with the Android version but that was fixed a day later with the release of 17.5.1 (Not the first time during the 17.x development)
The follow fixes have been pushed out with this release.
- Joysticks: Fix accelerometers preventing screensaver
- More robust way of handling audio output on variety of Android devices
- Fix playback of DVD file over network on Linux
- Update to FFmpeg 3.1.11
- Fix up and down buttons on ir remotes with macOS High Sierra
- Added latest apple devices to allow retina support
- Fix not being able to add content manually to videolibrary
- Fix power message handling for CEC
- Fix jumping timeline while switching channel groups in Guide window
FFmpeg (The component which plays almost every video) 3.1.11 is the latest version of the 3.1 branch but not the newest branch for FFmpeg. If you are interested in the full change log of FFmpeg 3.1.11 visit their git.ffmpeg.org site.